Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:52 pm
Disclaimer: This application is specifically for an alternate or filler position. I'm an old member of <Faded>, but am applying independently from that association.
1. Rdj - Orc - Warrior - Prot (DPS)
2. 25, M, LA
3. Faded members
4. I currently meet scheduled raid times. But, as an alternate applicant, I travel during the holidays - and also will not be able to make Thursday night raids starting Feb 2015. Having said that, during the later times of progression, I can make the Tues/Monday nights and fill undesirable spots on farm-status bosses. I'm also interested in off-day raid teams.
5. Early guilds and the timeline to now: <Praetorian Guards> - Don't remember what happened or why I left, but we cleared Molten Core when it was released. <Elitist Jerks> Played with and contributed to forum theorycrafting, left and made alliance characters, this transition put me into <Pro Baddies>. <Pro Baddies> was a top US guild (Mal'Ganis server) at the time. Then I started college - the period after leaving them is a blur. Recents: <Faded> on Zuluhed, which disbanded come WoD expansion.
6. Researching a class can be important. When I'm looking for numbers, I usually follow EJ posts. I do this less and less, though. There is a difference between players who are naturally skilled and those who, albeit with potential, need to keep themselves up-to-date with the best options by, rather than experimenting with their class via skill level, look to be force-fed levels of information, including rotation basics, and et cetera.
7. Any accomplishments regarding raids happened on Mal'Ganis for the most part. Cleared MC when it was released. Then we were the first (server) to clear BT. And then various BC raids. I played a hunter at the time, (aka Watercolor, or Ezradoom before that) and was the first (server) to obtain legendary bow from Sunwell. That's as big as it got, and I sold that account for, well, a decent amount of money.
8. Connection reliability/issues: Besides weather-related and other unavoidables? Fine.
9. As more an obscure member, I'm looking for a new place to call home for the next 8 months at least. I'm not looking for a core raid spot at the moment, but, I do want to be in one of the best guilds in the foreseeable future, especially if I'm deciding to submit this application.
10. I log in an hour, sometimes two hours before raid time.
11. Unless it's a legitimate emergency, I don't AFK outside of scheduled breaks. There's this thing called awareness. People are counting you.
12. Only thing that comes to mind is low bandwidth during some tightly-timed Dragon Soul encounters.
13. I haven't raided the past several months. I've been drifting in and out of playing.
14. He says, "You're dead."
I'm sure a lot of smart and good players apply here. I'm not discounting anyone who has tried or who has made it in. A successful core team is that; a group of high intelligence and synchronicity. Invite me to the guild, and have smart and skilled alternates or reserves. I'm not a major presence in the guild, and I prefer it that way, but when you ask me to perform, I'll deliver that.
I'll probably just wander the expansion and dabble in premades if nothing comes of it. Thanks for reading.
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 pm
We don't really take on part time raiders unfortunately. Especially tanks which tend to be one of the more gear dependent roles
If you'd like, you're always welcome to join as a friend rank, however we only take raider ranks to our official raids. our alt runs haven't been too consistent in the past, however the guild did run several flex (now normal) mode runs in siege. if that's all you want feel free to head over, I can' t really make any promises though as most of these groups are not ascension officer lead.