Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:46 pm
1. Name, Race and Class of the character you’re applying with, and armory link.
A new expansion is starting the numbers are probably irrelvant to link, since all I'll need is any character leveled up. I currently have a Shaman, Warlock, Mage, Hunter, Paladin and Druid leveled up so I could use them for WoD content. I like playing hybrid classes as different roles, so Shaman or Druid with 2 different roles would probably be my first choices to raid on, but I would be willing to play whatever is needed.
2. Your Age, Sex and Location
31, Male, Boston MA
3. Where did you hear about us? (Please be specific - helps us focus recruitment)
Former guild members from Zuluhead <Faded>
4. Do you make all four of the requirements listed at the top of this thread?
5. List any previous guilds and your reason for leaving.
I've played since launch, so I don't even remember them all. I generally left when the guilds disbanded, quitting maybe 1-2 because I didn't like them (raid leaders shouted and belittled people).
6. Where do you research your class?
It depends on the class, could be MMO champ forums or Elitist Jerks or a specific class website.
7. What is your raiding experience in WoW? Don't be too detailed, just interesting heroic kills while they were relevant.
I started playing WoW on release about 10 years ago. I raided in every expansion and took breaks for a few different raids. I have some server first titles from raiding on Zuluhead in LK through Pandaria in the guild <Faded> where a bunch of your current members are from. While raiding I maintained the guilds highest attendance rating (nearly 100%) and never missed a raid without letting the guild know beforehand. Former Faded members should be able to tell what my raid performance was like.
8. How is your connection reliability, latency and FPS? A result from speedtest.net would be helpful (but not required)
My connection is fine, and latency/FPS are fine. I have a new computer and a wired internet connect.
9. What are you looking for in a guild, both atmosphere and progression wise?
Kill bosses, have fun. Hopefully let Sphinx put on a strapon and peg me all night long.
10. How far before raid time do you usually log in?
10-15 minutes. Possibly earlier if there's something I want to do beforehand (like purchase potions or prepare feasts or something).
11. How often do you AFK outside of scheduled breaks? (We usually have a 10 min break in the middle of raid)
Rarely. If I need to use the bathroom or something I try to do it on trash and announce that I'm going AFK.
12. What was the last raid wipe you caused, or what boss encounter frustrated you the most? (Answer either or)
I didn't raid the last tier of content, so I've been away for a year and don't recall the last major mistake I made. The most frustrating encounter was probably trying to get the title in LK Trial of the Crusader, clearing the whole thing on heroic without any deaths, or whatever the achievement required. We came close many times but never got it because another guild got the server first.
13. Post a combat log here, the only excuse to not have one is because you stopped raiding for the xpac >2 months ago
I stopped raiding for the entire last raid tier in Pandaria. Faded had broken up and I wasn't having as much fun in the smaller 10 man group. My numbers were generally good as an elemental shaman, former Faded members can say what they were like.
14. A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
"My name's Buck and I'm here to fuck." He is here to fuck. I'm DTF too.
Last edited by Propane on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:57 pm
Sure thing. You didn't apply with any logs and taking a new person even when they are a friend of someone in the guild is still the decision of the officers, even if they are recommended. Simply put you don't have the experience/gear level we're looking for right now. We also have a pretty full roster at the moment. Sorry.
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:46 pm
"Simply put you don't have the experience/gear level we're looking for right now."
Playing since the launch of the game isn't enough experience? I'm pretty sure that's something like more experience playing than 99% of players.
And you're looking for gear level for what exactly? To raid for 2 weeks and then have a gear reset?
I get having a full roster, but your reasoning isn't very good.
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 pm
our goal is to have a stable roster going into WoD
with only a couple of weeks left to trial people before that happens, they'd need a certain amount of gear to be able to show how well they stand vs our current roster. that or players with demonstrated capability and logs from siege of orgrimmar heroic that show a high level of skill in recent content. we've had issues with accepting people who did well in throne of thunder, but had no experience in siege.
that's the only reason we care about gear right now, but the main issue is our roster is extremely full. all we had was a desperate need for a resto druid and we filled that spot.